As many of you probably know, there's a new data protection law coming to the EU very soon. The new law is designed to protect individuals within the EU and regulate things like the collection, export or storage of personal information outside the EU. This will affect a lot of swiss companies and websites and there's a lot of uncertainty around the whole topic.
To bring some light to this topic, we invited Martin Steiger from Steigerlegal.ch to join us for this Meetup. He can give us a good introduction into the topic as well as a Q&A at the end.
The times are just an estimate to give you an idea of what you can expect.
* 18.30 — Doors open
* 18.45 — Opening remarks and announcements (DE/EN) (Pascal)
* 19.00 — GDPR / EU-DSVGO (DE) (Martin Steiger)
* 19.30 — Upcoming GDPR relevant changes in WordPress Core (DE/EN) (Pascal)
* 19.45 — Discussion, Open Floor, Socializing
* 20.45 — Finish your drinks :-)
GDPR / EU DSVGO
The new data protection law will become enforceable from 25 May 2018, which makes this the perfect opportunity to get ourselves ready, learn about the challenges ahead and — if necessary — to make the changes needed.
We are looking forward to an interesting evening!