What we're about
This group is for anyone interested in the Open-Source platform WordPress. These WordPress Meetups take place around Mumbai on a monthly basis. The meetups are informal and open to everyone from user to developer to designer.
We follow the "Five Good Faith Rules":
• WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
• Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
• Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
• Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
• Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
(source: make.wordpress.org/community/meetups/) (http://make.wordpress.org/community/meetups/)
Anyone in this group can organize a WordPress Meetup, check this page for more details (http://www.meetup.com/Mumbai-WordPress-Meetup/pages/Suggesting_Meetup_Events/)