Come along and catch up with fellow WordPress fans at our first meetup of 2017.
If you've never been to a WordPress meetup before – don't worry. Come along and we'll make sure you feel welcome.
Bring along your WordPress questions and ideas. And if your friends and colleagues are interested in learning more about WordPress – bring them along too.
Creating (& surviving) a large API project – Sean Blakely
Three days before our deadline and the launch of a national TV campaign - my boss turns to me and says “I don’t think we can do this”. In front of me, I had every piece of the puzzle. What I hadn’t done was pull them all together.
So how did it go? What did we learn along the way? And what would we do differently if we did it again? I'll guide you through the different pieces of the puzzle - the things we predicted, (and the things we didn't). Don't worry - we won't deep dive into the technical side, but we will explore:
• The inner workings of an enterprise level API project
• The pressures and challenges of a tight, immovable deadline (i.e. the Olympics!)
• The creativity needed to face new challenges
• And most of all, the successes and learnings we can see looking back on it now.
State of the Word, 2016 screening and discussion
We'll watch and discuss Matt Mulleweg's WordCamp US talk where he shared what's next for WordPress in 2017.
A discussion about WordPress site speed – lead by Richard Wells
Our fabulous sponsors:
Pragmatic (https://www.pragmatic-web.co.uk/) are providing lots of tasty pizza and drinks – thanks Pragmatic! Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when you RSVP.
And thank you to Barclays Eagle Labs (https://labs.uk.barclays/) for providing our venue :)
See you all there!
P.S. You can also find us on Twitter @WordUpBrighton (https://twitter.com/wordupbrighton)
– The venue is accessible for wheelchair users with an accessible toilet (this is inside the Maker Space by the big screen – do ask if you can't find it).
– There'll be alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available.
– Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements when you RSVP.