In the first of two events on all things to do with images, we will be looking at image optimisation, search, feature images and data protection.
Kayleigh Thorpe will share her experiences on optimising image-heavy WordPress websites.
Kayleigh, who works for 34sp.com in her day job, will explore handling images, offer some suggestions for useful tools and a general advice on how you can manage the slowdown that typically comes with hosting an image heavy site.
Abha Thakor, from Non Stop Business Support, will present a short overview of things to consider when working with images on the web. She will highlight the feature image option in WordPress and how to choose themes to suit your image resources. She will provide a brief introduction to images and Google search, and help you consider data protection and copyright issues when working with and choosing images.
Rich Copping, Creative Director from Pragmatic, will share his experience on images and WordPress. He will talk about good practice for imagery in digital design and focus on stock imagery.
Q&A and opportunity to share your best web image tips and discuss issues you have experienced with working with images in WordPress.
- 6.30pm - 7.00pm - Welcome and Networking
- 7.00pm - 8.45pm - Talks and Sharing on Working with Images on the Web
There will be pizza, beer and nibbles sponsored by our kind friends at Pragmatic.
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when you RSVP.
- 8.45pm - Start leaving venue and if anyone wants to continue the chat and informal networking, head to '3 Jolly Butchers' pub, across the road from Platf9rm.
- PLATF9RM, FLOOR 6, TOWER POINT, 44 NORTH ROAD, BRIGHTON
- Please ring up to floor 21 on the buzzer directly outside the venue, and someone will let you in. Once inside the building, take the elevator to floor 6.
- venue is accessible for wheelchair users.
- alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available.
- find us on Twitter @WordUpBrighton (#WordUpBTN) or join us on Slack, in the channel #wordup-brighton.
Community organisers of this February's WordUp Brighton are community members Abha Thakor and Teddy Lazarova. Do you have a topic for the WordPress Brighton Meetup that you would like to help arrange or could possibly speak at? Get in touch, we'd be delighted to hear from you.