What we're about
We are a group of global citizens interested in building connections in Miami and abroad. This group welcomes anyone who has an interest in learning more about our world – Americans interested in global affairs, expatriates, immigrants, cultural exchange participants, or passionate travelers. Our group is inclusive, open minded, and welcomes all ages and nationalities with open arms.
Worlds Connect meetups provide opportunities to socialize with like-minded people about international topics and world affairs, enjoy some of Miami’s best ethnic restaurants, learn about other cultures, and have fun building connections. This is a respectful forum to discuss global issues while also casually socializing, learning, and exploring the diverse world in our own backyard!
Some examples of our events could include:
- Socializing at dinner events celebrating the wide variety of world cuisines at local restaurants
- Speaking with chefs about signature dishes and food traditions unique to particular cultures
- Getting together to watch foreign films
- Listening to live music
- Exploring cultural dance, theatre, visual art, poetry, and literature
- Learning about other members' personal experiences living, work, or traveling abroad at pot lucks
- Meeting international leaders at Global Ties Miami "Snapshot" events
We encourage members to plan events, share their talents and expertise, host a discussion on a topic of interest, and make recommendations for future events.
This meetup group is supported by Global Ties Miami: www.globaltiesmiami.org.