Fellow documentarians, let’s meet up to talk about testing!
Testing is a great way to ensure that docs are meeting the high expectations of our readers (and ourselves!). But there are so many tools to investigate, and methodologies to learn, that "testing" gets stuck in your backlog – instead of being put into practice.
We've invited our community member (and testing guru), Sven, to present on his vast experiences with documentation testing. We’ll then share and discuss our own experiences with testing documentation.
So we look forward to seeing you all in the heart of Amsterdam, at Keizersgracht 617. We really enjoyed our last meetup, and will do our best to make sure that this time is even better!
"Write Drunk - Test Automated"
We will talk about different aspects of Continuous Integration Testing for documentation testing.
This talk covers topics such as:
- Theory of CI testing, where it can help and where not.
- Insights about your repository (Version Control Systems, VCS).
- Strategy (what to test, level of testing and when).
- Human/community aspects and challenges (Open Source Software, OSS).
- Workflows (Make your devs happy).
- Examples of production setups.
This talk is slightly opinionated and based on experience gathered through various open source communities and companies.
Nevertheless, there is no 'golden solution' nor right or wrong, it always depends on your (community/company) needs, setups and use cases.
Warning: This talk may contain some traces of technical terms and examples.
03 December 2018
Amsterdam, Keizersgracht 617 (Adyen office).
18:30-19:00 Doors open! Snacks & drinks.
19:20-20:00 Presentation from Sven.
20:00-21:30 Open discussion.
• We are planning to start at 19:00, but you can come earlier. If you cannot find us or cannot enter the building, please contact Alex Akimov.
• We will serve a light dinner, so that you can come to the meetup straight after office hours.
• Our meetup is a part of the Write the Docs community. To know more, please visit https://www.writethedocs.org/ and http://www.writethedocs.org/code-of-conduct/
Adyen (www.adyen.com) is a global payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. Adyen offers merchants online services for accepting electronic payments by payment methods including credit cards, bank based payments such as debit cards, bank transfer, and real-time bank transfers based on online banking. Adyen's online payment platform connects to payment methods across the world.
We take photos and videos during the event to use in recap blog posts, social media and promotional materials. By coming to the meetup, you give consent to take photos and videos of you. If you do not want to give your consent, please let us know at check-in or change your RSVP to 'Not Going'.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Write the Docs is a global community of documentarians who share information, discuss ideas, and work together to improve the art and science of documentation.
Diversity is one of our huge strengths, but it can also lead to communication issues. To support a welcoming environment for all, regardless of individual differences, we have a few ground rules that we ask people to adhere to when they participate in this community activities. These rules apply equally to founders, organizers, moderators, sponsors, and affiliates – in short, to all participants.
See you soon!