What we're about
The YHA Cross-country Ski Club is a recreational trail and backcountry ski touring club based in Melbourne, Australia. It is affiliated with the Youth Hostels Association (YHA) of Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation with members of all ages.
We are part of YHA Activities, an outdoor club dedicated to the pursuit of activities such as bushwalking, cycling, canoeing, and cross-country skiing.
The YHA Cross-country Ski Club is not a commercial enterprise - costs are kept to a minimum on our trips, and successful trips depend on participants' co-operation and contribution.
Before applying for any trip, please read and ensure you understand the information provided here (https://www.meetup.com/YHA-Cross-country-Ski-Club/pages/Important_information/). The information is important and aims to help answer questions you may have before joining any of our trips or events.
Upcoming events (1)
Please Note: - this event is only for committee members and members who have skied with us several times before on previous trips. Any new members, are welcome to attend our club information night at the start of June.
Hope everyone is well and looking forward to hitting the alpine region this winter.
With that in mind, it is high time to prepare for this year's activities. Lawrence and I will be hosting a pre-season meetup at Lawrence’s home in Box Hill
The committee and any interested members who have skied with us before are welcome to come along and help design the 2023 trip program. The more leaders who can help out, the more trips we can run.
The goals are:
- to confirm any accommodated events are in hand - that is, the dates are confirmed, the venue is booked, etc.
- to give members an opportunity to have input into shaping this year's calendar. We usually use the previous year as a template, and adapt as necessary.
- to get a preliminary expression of interest from people interested in helping run the activities, either as leaders, assistants, car pooling coordinators, cooks, etc.
- to ensure new and existing leaders are catered for, in terms of (mandatory and fully subsidised) first aid qualifications, etc.
- to learn the organizational details of leading a ski trip, including how to manage bookings, responsible trip leadership and other useful information
- any other miscellaneous information or issues which might impact on the 2023 program.
- Lawrence M.
- 8 attendees
Past events (162)
- Anthony G.
- Beate M.
- 20 attendees