IMPORTANT: Please call ahead and schedule your donation with Carter Bloodcare in Addison:[masked] (Make sure you specify "ADDISON" as your donation center.)
[You may also schedule online here (https://ww2.greatpartners.org/donor/schedules/center/1).]
If you do not schedule your donation in advance, you may be turned away.
Ask for the next available appointment at or after 1:00 PM. (Choose any time 1-2 PM.) You can show up at 1:00 PM no matter what time your appointment is so you can hang out and chat with us, or just show up at your appointment time. If you arrive early they will likely see you before your scheduled time.
Having a nice healthy meal before you donate is one of the best things you can do before donating to prepare your body for donating. For more helpful tips check out [This Link (http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/tips-successful-donation)].
When you get to Carter BloodCare (north side of Beltline Road) you will have to go through two doors. You won't be able to see the facility from the outer window, so just look for the door. There is a sign you can see from the street.
If you are unable to donate, you can always come for moral support and a little social time.
Blood Donation Requirements
• Bring Donor Card/Driver's License
• Must be 56 days since last donation
• Must weigh at least 110 lbs
• Other restrictions based on travel outside the US
Why donate blood?
• Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood
• Only 5% of the eligible population donates blood a year
• 1 pint of blood can save up to three lives
• 1 hour of your time can save the life of somebody's loved one