Hello walking friends! We are a group for everyone that enjoys beautiful scenery, fresh air and good company.
Our walks are classed as:
• Very challenging - mountains/ cliff/ steep hill walking e.g. Snowdon or Ben Nevis,
• Challenging - Cliff/ hill walking often involving rocks, steps and uneaven ground e.g. coastal walks/ Yorkshire peaks,
• Moderate - uneaven ground, some hills and steps e.g. Malham cove, Ilkley Moor,
• Easy - flat surface, paths, shorter walks often with cafe facilities e.g. Temple Newsam/ Yorkshire Sculpture parks,
What you will need:
• Good waterproof walking boots and spare walking socks,
• Waterproof clothing,
• Walking poles,
• Hat and gloves,
• Sun hat, sun protecting creme in Summer,
• Provisions e.g. water, flask, energy bar, sandwich,
• Plasters, tissues, hand-sanitiser, lip balm,
• Dogs welcome (but may need to be on a lead as we often walk through fields of livestock),
• Children welcome as long as they are prepared for the walk,
We ask for a contribution of £1 which pays towards our subscription costs to Meetup and means our Walk Leaders can out more on. This can be paid in cash on the day to the Walk Leader.
We also have two other groups:
• SocialLifeUK - Socialising group for friendship and nights out - meetup.com/SocialLifeUK
• Singles Socials for Real People - Singles drinks for those wanting to meet someone meetup.com/Singles-Socials-for-Real-People,
Follow us at:
Thanks, Julie, Caroline and George
The serious bit!:
Yorkshire Walks, Friendship & Fun want everyone to have an enjoyable walk and we aim to choose the best and varied locations. Attending our walks is at your own discretion and we advise that you read the walk description/ location/ time of the walk/ updated walk comments and familiarise yourself with the Walk Leader and the guest list. It's also advisable to do a weather search on the day of the walk so you can prepare and wear the appropriate attire. We are not responsible for the Walker's journey, the Walker finding the venue, any injuries or accidents during the walk. We carry a first aid kit, mobile phone, torch, compass and follow a route so you have the best experience. We do not tolerate racist, sexist, lewd, aggressive or bullying behaviour, however, we are not responsible for clashes of personality or differences of opinion. Your dog and child are your responsibility e.g. ensuring your child has the right attire and ensuring the dog is walked safely on it's lead.