Mortimer Spinks started the conversation on Diversity in Tech when we launched the tech industry’s first Women in Tech Survey, in partnership with Computer Weekly. Since then the conversation has evolved, moving away from diversity seen only through a gender lens; addressing the need for diverse tech teams and inclusive work places where people feel they fully belong.
We believe in the power of community – You Equal Tech started 2 years ago in London and is slowly becoming a leading community making change happen through their meetups and network. With over 3000 people in the group we felt it was time to take You Equal Tech to the North and expand the reach and impact.
The purpose of this group is to bring together people in technology, to continue this incredibly important conversation. Change doesn’t start top down, it has to happen at every level across every function. Community led initiatives are incredibly effective at having wide reaching results and helping to pave the way through learning, talking and hearing what about works/doesn’t work also having the opportunity to hear and see role models from under-represented groups in tech.
The purpose of this meetup is to connect the technology and digital industry to the outside world!
We aim to:
• Dispel myths and incorrect perceptions of what it’s like to work in tech and digital.
• Educate and inform the various routes into technology and digital career
• Work towards gender diversity in tech
• Close the skills gap!
Join this group if:
• You work in technology or digital and are interested in working towards an inclusive and diverse industry
• You do not work in a technical role but are interested in a possible career within the industry
We will be holding regular meet up events and each one will aim to provide practical advice on driving diversity within the technology industry.
If you are interested in being a speaker at one of our events please get in touch with email@example.com