What we're about
We're going to try to find some ways to give you folks events even during the quarantine.
Once COVID-19 ends, it's back to business.
A platform for those on the spectrum to meet other young to middle-age folks to socialize with. Siblings are welcome. We are open to suggestions for events based on the preferences of the group.
We will try to help you with building your life skills and communication skills to help you grow and get connected to support groups.
If you are under 16 or over 40, we can connect you with different groups and organizations to aid you!
We have event managers covering Cobb, Gwinnett, Downtown Atlanta, Dunwoody, Roswell, Tucker, and MORE! Those event managers ARE allowed to have in-home socials, you just have to check with each one of them regarding said socials.
Carpooling is allowed when discussed in advance on the discussion group section.
Here are the rules:
1. We request that you please observe hygiene, showering, etc. Remember that you will be sitting with other people and part of autism is sensory sensitivity.
2. Harassment is a NoNo. Please do not sexually harass the members in this group. Please do not invade their personal space. If a person does not want you to touch them, please do not touch them. If 2 people are talking? please do not interrupt them. If a person does not want to give you their contact info? Please leave them be. If a person does not want to answer a question that is sensitive to them? Please leave them be. If someone does not want to talk to you? Please Accept that. If someone needs to step outside for breathing space? Please Let them and do not harass them. If someone does not want to go out with you? Please Accept no for an answer.
Depending on the level of harassment committed by the offender? Will result in the immediate ban of the offender himself from this group.
3. All members please report any concerns, fears, questions, or comments to the organizers so we may help you. Your identity will be kept anonymous. We will NOT allow trouble-makers to harass you or confront you, for the sake of your security.
4. No fighting, no picking fights, no physical assault. Given what Mary Pridgen and I had to deal with in the past, I have to include this to be safe.
5. We hold a number of Dinner and Lunch Socials....please no stealing other people's food. I'm going to put it there in order to be safe and make sure we have the rules covered.
6. There is No Bigotry. this is an inclusive group.... please treat your fellow members with respect as equals.
7. These rules will be included on each and every event.
8. No stalking, no online harassment. If anyone feels that they are being harassed online by a fellow member, the administrators will be happy to intervene.
Oh yes! We have a Complaint Department.
If any of you have any concerns or problems with the group or one of the event hosts or an organizer?
Email email@example.com with the Subject Header "Meetup HR Question-" and include your first name
Then start the email body with, "Hello Mrs. Houston"
Mrs. Houston will answer your questions and concerns with leadership or the events. She will also help resolve any conflicts or complaints.
Past events (39)
This content is available only to members