addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board Young, Fun and Nerdy Topics › New Meetup: Nerd-style Tennis

New Meetup: Nerd-style Tennis

Katie
user 7451005
Huntsville, AL
Announcing a new Meetup for The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup!

What: Nerd-style Tennis

When: Friday, June 11, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Tewinkle Park
970 Arlington Dr
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
714-754-5223

Come out and reveal your inner Roger Federer to your fellow nerds in a friendly game of tennis. As long as you're interested in the sport, it doesn't matter if you're at a beginner, intermediate or advanced level. I'm sure we'll have people at all three levels there.

We'll meet by the tennis courts at Tewinkle Park around 7:00. I'll go early to save some courts. Depending on the number of people already there playing, we may go four people to a court instead of two. Once we get there, we'll figure out who's going to play with who. And maybe a game of 'King of the Court' will be in order?

Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring your racket, tennis balls (if you have any), and some water/sports drink.

And because we'll need to regain the calories we'll lose playing, let's go out for some pizza afterward at Nick's Pizza in Costa Mesa.

Hope you can make it!

NOTE: This event will count toward the group attendance policy.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 2
This should be a lot of fun! I am looking forward to it. :)

* Shameless Plug * biggrin
I am looking for regular tennis partners (my goal is to play 3-4 times per week). Message me if you're interested. I'm a 2.5-3.0 player, I want to get back to being a 4.5! NTRP Ratings Explained: http://bit.ly/2C91R...­
John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 88
It's been a while since I've played, so I'm sure I totally suck. If anyone's up for the full-on training regimen, that would be awesome. We can do mini clinics, etc. Summer will be here and gone before we know it, so now's the time...
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm open for clinics and training!