You are invited to join our holiday sharing and hacking event around 'Machine Learning in Fashion'. During this 3.5 hours, you will learn about some open source projects released by Zalando - the biggest fashion platform in Europe. What are the cool technologies Zalando Research and Engineering Teams are working on. How they are being used inside the company and how you can make use of those open source tools in your own projects.
Please bring your laptop, we will do hands-on, practical stuff. Project maintainers and mentors will be around to support you :).
* 18:00 Welcome and networking
* 18:30 Introduction to Open Source at Zalando, speaker: Hong Phuc Dang (InnerSource Manager)
* 18:40 Flair - a Natural Language Processing framework by Zalando Research, speaker: Alan Akbik (Research Scientist)
* 19:00 Connexion - Swagger/OpenAPI First framework for Python by Zalando Developer Productivity, speaker: Joao Santos (Engineering Lead)
* 19:20 Shortbreak
* 19:30 Project Working Groups (participants join up with a project of their interest and start to work on challenges, project maintainers/mentors will be around to provide support)
* 21:30 Event ends
Tamara-Danz-Str. [masked] Berlin
6th Floor - please look for signs
Notes: Drinks & snacks are available plus a small holiday present for those who complete a challenge.