17h30: Doors opening
18h05: Andy Tzou, Anthos /GKE
18h40: Cosmin Cojocar, Jenkins X on a GKE cluster
19h15: Drinks and snacks
Application and infra modernization with Anthos
Anthos builds on open runtimes like Kubernetes and Istio, allowing your developer and IT teams to modernize starting in the private datacenter, then extend to the cloud seamlessly. Andy will walk the audience through Anthos architecture and present Google's open approach to application and infra modernization.
Andy Tzou, DACH Partner Engineering, Google Cloud
Starting at Google NYC in 2011, Andy spent four years helping Google's ads customers make the digital transition to mobile as a solutions engineer. Since 2017 he's been focused on GKE, working closely with enterprises on hybrid architectures building on open technologies like Kubernetes.
Continuous Delivery with Jenkins X on GKE and Tekton
Jenkins X provides pipeline automation, built-in GitOps and preview environments to help teams collaborate and accelerate their software delivery on Kubernetes (https://jenkins-x.io/).
In this talk we will:
- Learn the main concepts and architecture of Jenkins X
- Install Jenkins X, Tekton Pipelines and Prow using GitOps into a new GKE cluster
- Create and deploy a few microservices in various programming languages
- Have an overview of Jenkins X pipeline definition and the buildpacks
- Understand the preview environments and their benefits
- Promote a microservice from staging to production environment
Cosmin Cojocar is a Principal Software Engineer at CloudBees working on the Jenkins X project. He is also a contributor to Prow a Kubernetes based CI/CD system maintained by the Kubernetes sig-testing group. Prior to that, he worked for Microsoft on cloud-based services and security.