#ODSC brings together the data science community with the goal of helping its members learn and network around the latest topics and trends in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
We are looking for volunteers and contributors in Zurich to help grow the community. ODSC will host speakers, food, and a venue if necessary. Many of our top volunteers get an all expenses paid trip to ODSC data science conferences in either London, San Francisco, Boston or other events. If you are interested in helping out, please click here (https://goo.gl/forms/jYViH8Nezy45MADu2).
Who is this meetup for?
• Data Scientist, Data engineers, analysts, and other data practitioners
• Software engineers, software architects and other looking to implement machine learning in their code
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision makers
• Companies, startups and others looking to leverage data science to grow their business
• Nonprofits, NGOs, government agencies and others seeking to use Data Science for Good
Speaker: Vahid Moosavi, Postdoctoral Researcher at ETH
Machine Learning Across Disciplines
6:30pm - 7:00pm - ODSC Intro
7:00pm - 7:50pm - Talk
7:50pm - 8:00pm - Q&A
8:00pm - 8:30pm - Networking and Apero
Dr. Vahid Moosavi is a systems engineer with long-standing experience in machine learning techniques and their applications in architectural design and urban and spatial modeling. Parallel to researching and teaching at ETH, he has been conducting several applied machine-learning projects on a wide range of topics including structural design, urban traffic, air pollution, real estate market and urban flood risk. Currently, he is also working on his book "Data-Driven Modeling for Engineering Applications: An Orthogonal View to Classical Scientific Modeling.
Machine Learning and Big Data together offer a universal way of looking at the world phenomena, which is radically different than the classical expert based disciplinary research. This new approach of computational modeling has inverted the classical notion of expertise from “having the answers to the known questions” to “learning to ask good questions”, where the answers can always be found with an appropriate level of modeling skills. While trying to categorize machine learning applications, in this talk I will show the results of some of our ongoing data-driven projects in different domains such as structural design and from finding, planetary analysis of urban form and density, real estate market, urban air
pollution and urban flood risk estimations using deep learning as surrogate to computational fluid dynamics.
• Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science/
• West Conference Oct 29 - Nov 1: https://odsc.com/california
• Europe Conference Nov 19 - 22: https://odsc.com/london