Ilya Boyandin (http://ilya.boyandin.me/) is a Staff Data Visualization Engineer at Teralytics (http://teralytics.ch/) developing interactive dashboards for large-scale analysis of geographic movement of people. We use React as a foundation of our front-end technology stack. In this talk I will share our experience with it and will discuss in particular:
• Why is React good for interactive data visualization?
• What are the challenges of visualizing large amounts of spatio-temporal data in the browser?
• What architectural decisions we made?
• How we address scalability issues?
• What are the pain points?
• What other tools we are using to support our data processing and analysis pipeline?
Here are some examples of our work which I will demonstrate: