WiMLDS's mission is to support and promote women and gender minorities who are practicing, studying or are interested in the fields of machine learning and data science. We create opportunities for members to engage in technical and professional conversations in a positive, supportive environment by hosting talks by women and gender minority individuals working in data science or machine learning. Events include technical workshops, networking events and hackathons. We are inclusive to anyone who supports our cause regardless of gender identity or technical background.
N.B. the organizer of this event is: www.techface.ch, we support them as a community especially in the AI workshops!
RSVP is not enough, you will need a ticket. Check out the details below.
We are bringing together inspiring speakers, workshops and the space to learn and connect with a Swiss-wide community determined to empower people to increase #diversity in #tech!
There will be:
• Inspiring keynotes, e.g. from Yvonne Bettkober, General Manager AWS Switzerland, and panels
• Hands-on workshops on technology trends, of particular interest for you might be "AI Challenge for Data Scientist", or if you are newer to the field the workshop on "Artificial Intelligence for Smart Dummies".
• Sessions on career advice
• Many options for networking
More details: https://www.techface.ch/wetechtogether-program/
The early bird tickets are now on sale! Only a limited number are available so make sure you grab yours.
Get your ticket here https://wetechtogether-conference-2020.eventbrite.com
If you feel like engaging more, the organizers actively look for volunteers:
1. Volunteering for the Artificial Intelligence Hands-On Workshops:
Both of them will be in need for a couple of supporters and we figured this will be fun for you to do :-) In order to support the participants efficiently, it would be great if you have knowledge in coding (Python) as well as some deep learning knowledge of course. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will put you in touch with the workshop organizers.
2. Volunteering for the organization committee (general support):
You can directly apply here: https://forms.gle/czP8q36Pwr7gfnXUA