This event was canceled
The ChiPy Board and Organizers have been monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in Chicago and abroad. ChiPy intends to continue to keep our community safe, and for that reason, we, along with our hosts, felt it best to cancel
What is Project Night?
ChiPy’s Project Night is an open event for anyone/everyone interested in working on Python projects with others, regardless of level of programming experience, and in a safe environment (see our code of conduct at http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/). Attendees have two options:
1. Challenges: Challenges are fun, hands-on coding exercises covering a variety of topics -- such as pure problem solving, web development, and data science (see past challenges: https://github.com/chicagopython/CodingWorkshops). Participants will be assigned to teams of four, which will then have an hour to solve the problem at hand together. Teams are designed to have diverse experience levels, giving team members equal opportunity to learn and share ideas.
2. Projects: This is an open space to collaborate with others, ask questions, or help someone else if there's a question you can answer! No problem is too big or too small. If you're working on a personal project and looking for some Python help, or you want to join forces with someone who's working on an interesting idea, this option is for you.
Q: What if I’m totally new to programming and/or Python?
That’s awesome! Project night is a great place to get started. If you have less than a couple of week's worth of basics, we suggest choosing the "Projects" option (where we'll have folks to help get you started), but otherwise feel encouraged to pick whichever option interests you most!
Q: What do I need to bring to Project Night?
- A laptop with working wifi and power cord.
- Python 3. Yep, Python 3 ONLY (https://www.python.org/downloads/).
- A text editor/IDE. For the Challenges we suggest installing either Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/) or Sublime Text (https://www.sublimetext.com/3) for easy setup and to make it easy to collaborate with others.
Q: I have another question not listed above. Where do I ask?
Register for ChiPy’s Slack (https://joinchipyslack.herokuapp.com/) and ask away in the #projectnight channel.