addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Alice L.
alicelillie
Group Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 1
When things happen it will be fast. I have been reading all sorts of stuff and don't know what to believe and what not to believe. It is hard to separate the sheep from the goats.

So, my conclusion is, just go on business as usual *but* be in a state of readiness. Just as in California they think "the big one" (major earthquake) could hit today or a hundred years from today. It probably *won't* be today or even this year, so one goes about business as usual, *but* one is regarded as a fool if one has no plan in place *in case* it happens.

By the same token, while I doubt that I will be dragged off to a FEMA camp today or even this year, I want to be prepared just in case someone comes to my door to do precisely that. It would be foolish not to be prepared. Heck, I am a *fierce* supporter of Ron Paul and a fierce opponent of *all* gun laws. I also write a blog (google me). I tell it as I see it. My opposition to the system goes on forever.

Problem is, I do need to sleep...what a waste of time but nature makes me...so cannot be alert *all* the time. But when one person is asleep another is awake, so I think it is possible to alert one another if the floor suddenly falls through. We all have, or should have, some sort of plan for what to do. One thing is for sure that plan involves doing *something* that needs to be done right away, and one does not want to sleep through it.

What I'd like to see is some sort of text message alert system. Universities have them, TV stations have them, in fact I am signed up for the local TV alerts.

If you know of, or are able and willing to set up, such a text message alert system, please let me know.