addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › Canton-Michigan-Pathfinder - Industrial Fantasy Campaign - Seeks 2 additiona

Canton-Michigan-Pathfinder - Industrial Fantasy Campaign - Seeks 2 additional Player - Updated 12-12

Dreads
user 3203037
Canton, MI
Post #: 60
Hi,

We're looking for 2-3 additional players who would enjoy a weekly (3times a month) sunday afternoon Pathfinder campaign.

My Dungeon mastering style is fairly laid back, as I like to wrap the campaign world and overarching story around the players and feed their background into the world to create additional conflict. I like to think that it's a very JOss Whedon way of running a game. We play DND Pathfinder/3.5, and are very eager to teach it. We are not looking for rulemongerers and power gamers. The general attitude of our group is role play and have fun, but don't role play or build characters that detract from others fun. I plan on running this campaign for a while, so consistency in attendance is important. Some of the best games are the ones where my NPCs can sit back and watch as the players generate a new solution to a problem or bungle it up in the process.

If you're interested, shoot and email or respond in the message and i'll get back to you.

Below is information about the campaign
--------------------------------------­------------------------------------

In the Zeitgeist adventure path, your characters serve in the Royal Homeland Constabulary of the nation of Risur, protecting the country and its citizens from foreign threats lurking within its borders. During missions of espionage and assassination, your duty will be to root out hostile spies and pursue international conspiracies. As you learn more of your homeland’s own secrets, however, your loyalties may be tested, may even be turned, and you may find that it is you whose hand controls the gears of the turning age.

We've been playing for a year 1and realized that another player would really round out the group. The players are currently 7hh level, and are gaining quite a bit of noteriety in the government .. which is a good and bad thing.

We plan on playing this campaign for a while as we incorporate the adventure path into player made back stories. The goal is for the game to be on Sundays (early or late group consensus)

Campaign BAckground
--------------------------------------­--------------

Steam and soot darken the skies above the city of Flint, and winds sweeping across its majestic harbor blow the choking products of industrial forges into the fey rainforests that dot its knife-toothed mountains.

Since the earliest ages when the people of Risur founded this city, they feared the capricious beings that hid in those fog-shrouded peaks, but now as the march of progress and the demands of national defense turn Flint into a garden for artifice and technology, the old faiths and rituals that kept the lurkers of the woods at bay are being abandoned.

The Unseen Court, the Great Hunt, and the many spirits of the land long ago conquered by Risur’s kings no longer receive tribute, but they cannot enter these new cities of steam and steel to demand their tithe. The impoverished workers who huddle in factory slums fear monsters of a different breed, shadowy children of this new urban labyrinth. Even their modern religions have no defenses against these fiends.

Times are turning. The skyseers—Risur’s folk prophets since their homeland’s birth—witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and they warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the age: the zeitgeist.
---------------------------------
Roy
hart8210
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 8
My husband and I are looking for a game. We had a few questions. Is this more of a steampunk setting without wizards and clerics and sword/board types or are the normal pathfinder classes available? Is it only city based or does the campaign go beyond city walls?