addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › Radioactive Yetis and Kitten Swarms (aka Gamma World one-shot for November)

Radioactive Yetis and Kitten Swarms (aka Gamma World one-shot for November)

Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 206
I posted this as an Idea as well so that everyone will get an email notification and be able to provide feedback so I can gauge interest.

I recently picked up the new Gamma World box set and would like to try it out as a one-shot game in November, but I don't want to shoehorn a bunch of people expecting a D&D game into a post-apocalyptic madhouse with things like radioactive yetis, sentient rat/kitten swarms, and pyrokinetic hawk people without some advance warning.

The game play mechanics for this edition of Gamma World are nearly identical to D&D 4e, so it will be immediately recognizable to anyone familiar with 3e/4e D&D. The big differences are simplified character generation that we will do on the fly before the session, no daily powers, and extra encounter powers based on random alpha mutations (and who doesn't love random mutations?).

It definitely seems to be a whacky, out-there kind of game that probably should not be taken too seriously, so if you like to be crazy at the game table and play a system that supports that kind of behavior, this just might be your thing.

If you're interested, or think this idea sucks and want to play D&D instead, let me know via post here, voting on the idea, or sending email to alberand at gmail.
A former member
Post #: 130
Radioactive Yetis sound fun.
A former member
Post #: 131
I am sorry I couldn't make it due to Periodic Paralysis problems. I am even wearing the perfect shirt for today's adventure. :(
Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 208
Bummer. We ended up with a very full table (8 players) since I was the only person there prepared to GM. Character creation took a good deal of time as a result, but we still had some fun. There were incidents with a Kung-Fu Grip Teddy Ruxpin, a yeti flinging things about with his mind, running bad guys down with a beat-up pickup truck, and land sharks.

Hope you're feeling better, so we can see this "perfect" shirt of yours next month. smile