Building a startup is not easy. The Startup Jackpot (http://startupjackpot.com/) team, as fellow entrepreneurs, knows this all too well. We have struggled with it all. This event is all about celebrating our hard work, supporting the local startup community, and winning no-strings-attached cash through a unique startup competition. One lucky entrepreneur will walk home with a boatload of cash to help them reach their next milestone, as well as a final round interview slot with MassChallenge.
The Jackpot starts at $3k; we add in all ticket sales and any local sponsorships. The more tickets we sell, the bigger the Jackpot!
Here's the deal:
Were giving away a bunch of cash to one Boston startup, and we're going to have some seasoned entrepreneurs tell you raw, useful, and actionable stories from their past. It's going to be awesome. Speakers in the am, competition in the afternoon.
What you should do:
- Buy a ticket...all proceeds go towards the Jackpot
- Share with your friends, investors, and potential sponsors. The more money that comes in the bigger the Jackpot!
- Apply to compete. You just might win.
The deal for competitors:
- You gotta apply. We'll narrow it down to 10 who pitch on Saturday. If you don't get accepted to pitch, your ticket will convert to an attendee ticket.
- One of you will get an offer from Boost.vc (the accelerator in the Bay). This is a pretty sweet fast track into getting some early funds ($10k to $15k) and acceleration. Boost will review your Startup Jackpot application, will call a few of you to interview, and decide from there.
What the winner gets:
- The Jackpot. This is cash. It's $3k from us (The Startup Jackpot team) + all ticket proceeds + any local sponsorships. In NYC, we gave away $10k. In DC, we gave away $9.3k.
- You get to interview with Mass Challenge the following week (that's right, you can skip the line and make it to the final round of interviews. If you've already got an interview, we'll give your spot to the runnerup).
- You might get some beer. You might get a sweet cape!
You can check out more about the event at: