International Astronomy Day to be celebrated in conjunction with SFU’s Science Rendezvous.
Come join us in the East Concourse of the Academic Quadrangle (see map (http://files.meetup.com/1276587/2016-Astronomy-Day-Location-for-RASC-Vancouver-1.pdf)) for activities and short lectures throughout the day, including:
* Apollo Rockets and Mission display
* Jim Bernath and his hands-on science activities
* Light pollution display
* Solar system and our planets display
* Solar telescope display and observing (weather permitting)
* Numerous craft and activity tables for children
* 11 am - Robert Conrad 11:00 - 12:00 The use of Stellarium (free & easy to use astronomy software) to scan the skies.
* 12:15 - Ted Stroman 12:15 - 12:45 The Moon 101 (Facts about our closest neighbour).
* 1 pm - Ken Lui 1:00 - 1:30 The Global Space Community
* 2 pm - Robert Conrad 2:00 - 3:00 How to locate deep sky objects and 'doomsday' asteroids.
* SFU’s new Trottier Observatory will be open for tours
Go to http://rasc-vancouver.com for more details and the lecture schedule with times, speakers, and lecture titles posted.