For our first meetup of 2018, we're once again opening up the floor for group members to share game dev tips, get feedback, and more!
Want to share a game dev insight, get feedback on a project, find collaborators, or provide commentary on an industry trend? The "open mic" portion of the night will feature informal talks about game dev issues, each lasting from 5-15 minutes. If you'd like to present, please arrive by 6:30pm and find Todd to get on the list. Scheduled talks include:
• Michael Lubker will discuss creating commercially releasable games in a short timeframe. His team is currently wrapping development on a Metroidvania-style game with an extremely short dev cycle. More info here: http://discord.gg/4pCTMkn
• Tyler Coleman of Retora Games will discuss how his company's latest title handles F2P without consumable purchases, and how this has effected the product and development. More info here: http://www.retoragames.com/
• Finn Staber will discuss something awesome (topic TBD). More about Finn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/finn3d/
Want to show off your work-in-progress game through hands-on playtesting? This is a great way to get feedback! If interested, please bring your game on a device (tablet, laptop, or phone) so folks can get some hands-on time with it before and after the talks.
For those not presenting, you'll have opportunities to offer feedback, learn useful tips & tricks, discover collaboration opportunities, discuss other developers' challenges, and hear about important trends. Don't miss an exciting night with fast-paced presentations and lots of opportunity for discussion!
• 6:30pm - Arrival and socializing
• 7:00pm - Intro and announcements
• 7:10pm - Short presentations + audience Q&A
• 8:15pm - More socializing + playtesting