Hi Austin Noders!
We've got a great Feature Talk this month, and Lightning Talks on the way!
Feature Talk: Wendy Kuhn – Nami: A serverless framework for consuming webhooks at scale
Description: When events occur in batches, a wave of webhooks may overwhelm consumers, resulting in dropped data. Always-on systems must be provisioned to handle worst-case scenarios, however, this is inefficient as these resources will be idling most of the time. Nami, an open-source framework built using Node.js, provides a simple command line interface for deploying a serverless architecture on AWS for consuming webhooks. It relies on the elastic scaling power of AWS Lambda Function as a Service (FaaS) to handle bursty traffic. The framework abstracts away the complexities of cloud infrastructure and the effort required to manually deploy, configure, and choreograph all of these services.
Taswar Bhatti: Using Hashicorp Vault for your secrets in Nodejs
Description: Connection Strings, Password, Tokens, Private keys, Certs and so on, if not properly managed, can end up in the wrong hands.
In this talk we will explore secrets management, demonstrate the risks, and discuss best practices for keeping secrets safe using Hashicorp Vault in your Node.js application. We will also go through some of the design aspects of using secrets in your docker container and orchestration solution in the cloud.
We'll be at Proof, downtown, this month. Parking and validation available! Thanks to Proof for hosting! It's going to be a great event!
- Proof will be validating the parking for the event.
- The parking garage is located at 508 Brazos St. and called “Littlefield Parking".
- Bring your ticket into the meetup and we will have someone validate it for you.
Finding the Proof office:
- The Proof office is located at 200 E. 6th St #310.
- It’s on the north side of 6th street between B.D Rileys Pub and Friends bar.
- You’ll see a sign that says “Hannig Row”. That’s the office.
- Chris, one of the cofounders of Proof, will be at the door letting everyone in.
- Look for a guy wearing a “Proof” t-shirt and the sidewalk sign that says “Node ATX”
See you there!