What we're about
Our group is a friendly social network for active single-parents in the Austin area. Our focus is to support and respect each other through positive interactions and appreciation for our shared experiences. We take turns hosting events in and around Austin.
We hold meetups for the entire family and sometimes for adults only:
Family activities include play dates, story times, festivals, children's theatre, in-home gatherings, camping, hiking, live music, kid shows, etc.
Adult only activities range from concerts to game nights and museum exhibits to happy hours. The events are as diverse as the personalities within the group.
The Austin Single Parents Meetup Group goals are:
• Provide a forum for friendship
• Support each other through a non-judgmental environment
• Share and communicate single parent resources
• Austin Single Parents is not a dating platform. This is a supportive place for Single Parents to have a social life with their kids.
• Security is Important! This group is about our kids. As such, members are expected to maintain a recognizable photo of yourself, and identify yourself with both first and last name. Also, inactive members are removed from time to time. This is because unused Meetup IDs are more vulnerable to hacking. We encourage you to join, get involved, come to meetups, get to know us. That's why we're here.
So, come be a part of a community as hip and wholesome as the energetic city we live in!