addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Pakistan Autism Meetup Group Message Board › Qazi Fazli Azeem interviewed by AACTION Autism of illinois, USA

Qazi Fazli Azeem interviewed by AACTION Autism of illinois, USA

A former member
Post #: 390
Read original post here

Posted information:

AACTION Friend: Qazi

While in India we had the chance to meet a very special man by the name of Qazi Fazli Azeem from Pakistan. You can learn more about Qazi by reading a recent interview by clicking here. He attended our 2 Day Workshop on Structured Teaching. Qazi was the first person with Asperger?s (a high functioning form of autism) to ever attend one of our Structured Teaching workshops. Qazi?s presence at the conference was inspiring and energizing. Qazi gave the AACTION presenters and the workshop participants a unique perspective on autism and great insight into effective strategies for individuals on the perspective. Qazi?s goal is to take the information he learned back to Pakistan to help train teachers and parents struggling with autism. Pakistan is just beginning to recognize and treat autism and Qazi is a large part of the movement. (Read more about autism in Pakistan by clicking here). The AACTION team had time to talk and interview Qazi and we were instantly captivated by his intelligence and charm. We are proud to have met him and to have such a great friend advocating for children with autism. We have kept in touch with Qazi and will remain in close contact to assist and support his incredible work!

Click here to see photos of Qazi at the conference workshop

Christopher Flint and his team have shown interest to come to Pakistan to train us in their structured Teaching/ TEACCH system, at their own cost, but before we do so, we have to find out how many special educators are ready to attend, I recommend the same number as we saw at AFA in delhi, around 60-70 special educators. I recommend special educators as they can spread the knowledge farther, we all got certificates and this was not a free workshop, we each paid around Pakistani Rs. 6,000 (the special educators at AFA got free training) but we got a lot of knowledge, I learned more in those 2 days than I have in the last 2 years. Christopher has videos of all the children they have taught, and he showed them to us along with his presentation. The first step now is to find out how many special educators we can reach, and is it feasible to call them at this point. I emailed Mrs Rukhsana shah, she said we should go ahead with this, Christopher is coming to india this September.

Qazi Fazli Azeem
A former member
Post #: 115
Azeem...............I think it is an excellent opportunity and we should cash it at once. If they are expected in september we need to mobilize our resources soon.Lets stop crying about our hopeless state and lack of resources and start uniting to cash these opportunities that come our way. After reading a few mails of questionairs it was really dispointing to witness that we simply donot appreciate what is available and the worth of the person who is contributing!
People all over the world have facilities today because of the parent groups struggles and campaigning!
Best wishes

Irum
God helps only those who help themself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saira S.
Saira
Group Organizer
Karachi, PK
Post #: 485
Azeem,I think its great and we owe it to you.I think as irum has said we should stop crying over what we dont have and start materializing what we have.We have our members almost in every relaye department in karachi atleast and I am sure in other cities also.We should start mobilizing them and start advertising and getting registrations done from now.So that we have a definite number before we invite them.I think gathering 60-70 people is not such a big thing and we should all work together to get it done.paying about 100 dollars per person will be a problem but if we can pool in our resources then people who can afford can pay a little more to compensate for those who cant afford.Please,this is a golden opportunity and if this is done successfully then it will open doors for others also to come to pakistan in future.

Azeem,if you can send me the details of the workshop then i will formulate a letter which we will instantly start sending to diiferent concerned people to know the feedback.

i am getting excited and i hope everybody reading it will also so take your excitement to a next level and start acting.best of luck,
saira