addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Phoenix Pilot Group Message Board › Return to flying

Return to flying

This message board is read-only.

Christopher W.
user 13553845
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
I've been on a flying hiatus for 3 years and looking to return to the air. I just got my medical reissued. I've got a Private and a high-performance endorsement and 120 total hours. Obviously, I need to shake off the rust with an instructor (I'm guessing 3-5 hours?) and have my flight review done so that I can get current. Once that is complete I really want to go straight into IFR training and possibly follow that up with a Commercial rating.

I would ideally love to join a club or get into a shared ownership situation. I was a member of AZCloudbusters and loved it, but sadly had to give up my share a few years ago. They now have a waiting list which is great for the club, but not me! :)

I live near to Stellar (P19) so that would be my ideal home base, but KCHD isn't too far either. I'd be open to Falcon or Gateway too. I trained in Pipers as Chandler Air Service, and flew 172 and 182 with the club, so either high or low wing is fine. Mostly I just want to fly again. :)

Any advice on re-entry would be greatly appreciated. And any recommendations for a club with space or anyone looking to add a partner in a single engine piston would be great too. I'm hoping to fly 50-75 hour annually, or more if finances will allow.
Travis
user 4361655
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 29
I know a great place in the West Valley but that sounds like it is to far for you. Looks like you have shopped around your side of town at what is available. Flying that many hours a year you might look into owning your own? But partnership or club options do open up from time to time as well.
Dave
user 9394275
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 5
Is there a flying club with planes in the West Valley??
Travis
user 4361655
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 30
Not that I'm aware of. I finished up my ifr rating with Angel aviation at Glendale. Probably some of the best rates and planes in the valley, and they are all in a hangar.