addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Phoenix Pilot Group Message Board › Flight Instructor recommendations - Falcon Field

Flight Instructor recommendations - Falcon Field

This message board is read-only.

Sean M
user 198329354
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 4
Hi All-
I'm looking for an instructor and an airplane out of Falcon Field to do some re-currency training. Any recommendations from the group?
Thank you,
Sean
Travis
user 4361655
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 36
I can only recommend Angel Aviation at Glendale. Sorry don't have any info for falcon.
David K.
user 12523556
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 3
I'm a helicopter CFII at Falcon, but Matt at Falcon Executive is a great guy and very professional. Unfortunately I'm up in Washington state right now and don't have his direct phone number with me.
Sean M
user 198329354
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 6
Thanks Guys! I found an Instructor and did a 1 hour training session. Whoot hoo, I still have muscle memory for mechanically flying, take off, and landing. I have some work to do for procedures, etc...
So... assuming I do the work to get current, do I need to buy an airplane to fly out of Falcon field? I was a member of a flying club and rented aircraft out of San Jose Intl... I don't see that sort of option at Falcon Field. I'm not interested in forever training to fly professionally. I want to train to be current up to IFR and be able to fly where ever I want to with minimal notice. I'm open to an ownership share. Any ideas / suggestions from the group?
Travis
user 4361655
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 37
If you plan to own get on a hangar list soon. Most airports in the valley have a wait list. Google flying clubs and you will find a few at chandler just south of you. Plenty of rentals at ffz. Check the notices in the terminal you might find a partnership or something.
Sean M
user 198329354
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 7
Thanks!!!!
Kelly M.
user 196530279
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
I just completed my BFR after an 8 year lapse of flying with Zach at Classic Aiviation on Falcon Field. 602-574-5376
I having been flying for 35 years and experienced many instructors I highly recommend him.