addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Phoenix Pilot Group Message Board › New group forming, please read

New group forming, please read

This message board is read-only.

Travis
user 4361655
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Hello fellow aviators,

As I'm sure you have seen, this group has once again become no longer active. The mailing list is quite polluted, old, and out dated with members that have long since moved on.  Ever since the downturn in the economy, general aviation has also seen a decline. And our group is not the only casualty.  Warren's Scottsdale Breakfast Club that has been around for more than 20 years has also seen a steady decline in participation.  I originally wanted to keep this site going to honor what Ken and Julia built but I think, although he is no longer physically with us, he would much rather see us in the air than just parked on a web page.

Warren has also decided to retire from the SBC.  So with that information and a small group of people who wish to carry on we have decided to combine both groups, start with a fresh name, new look, new page, and new traditions.   The new combined group is now Desert Flyers.

Our graphic artist (Sean) has not finished our new logos yet so things are still pretty basic.  We do have the new meetup site up and running, a facebook group, and our webpage is still being developed.  I will be archiving the photos and memories from this group but we will be shutting this page down soon.  Our new group is not an online organization, Ken only wanted us to host the site online but we were a meeting and flying group, we will return to that.

I also have a day job and would like you the members to help.  I would like other organizers to help plan and attend various flights, if you want to be part of the organization. Be part of it and get involved.

I will also keep Warren's tradition of assigning BC numbers to members after they have flown two events with us.  I will roll over current BC #'s from the old SBC.  For those of you who don't know, a BC number is just a call sign we use to identify folks in the air.

To help kick things off, Jen and I will be hosting a Hangar party on the North side of DVT (details are on the new site).

I look forward to seeing old and well as new faces in the new Desert Flyers.

Travis