addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 22
I thought it might be nice for us to share what we're all viewing in this vast anime world. I've encountered many of my favorite series through word of mouth and so far the group's varied tastes have led me to a few great new finds. Its also a fun way to find people to rant and rave with over a particular series or topic.

My list is small at present since I don't have much free time and I'll likely be finishing up with 2 of these series very soon; nevertheless I'm currently watching:

Eden of the East

• very interesting short (11ep) series; I believe Daryl gave a brief synopsis, but essentially there's a mysterious benefactor handing out 10 Billion dollars to a select group of 12 individuals in hopes that they are able to reform Japan. The main male character has had his memory erased and has to learn about the game he's apparently involved in later and seeks to understand what it is he's meant to do and how to do it. There's a lot of mystery despite the plot being moved forward in each episode.

Welcome to the NHK

• Follows a socially withdrawn, college dropout, hermit through his efforts to break free from his limiting lifestyle. Full of human emotion, eroge, delusions and hallucinations, and hilarity. I'm on the last 1 or 2 episodes.

Dennou Coil (sp? I usually spell it wrong)

• Though I'm a good ways into the short series I'm not sure how to describe it. I'll say that it involves the overlap of our world and the cyber world and how data from the later can be transferred into real things... I think. There's some great mystery about the unincorporated cyberspace that seems to be the driving force in the characters actions. Becasue the technology is such a huge social medium, the main characters (middle school-aged children) are mostly avid programmers and hackers. I'm still not sure how interested in the series I am, but so far it's kept my attention.

Last but not least, Naruto Shippuden. I won't bother to give that an overview. I will mini-rant about the sneaky way they are inserting these back story/filler-like episodes into episodes that are a part of the main arc. Kid Naruto and Sakura are rahter annoying at this point.
Brandon
NodnarbDude
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 3
Monster

Well I've been finishing up on Monster(i think it has 74 episode total and i'm on like 61) Monster is a suspense thriller type anime and it's based on this Japanese surgeon living in germany who saves a young boy then finds out the boy is a killer. the story takes place in the mid 80's to mid 90's (before and after the berlin wall came down.) It's based off the manga(which is absolutely genius)

Case Closed

I remember watching this with some friends a while back but only a few episodes. I watch alot of my anime on justdubs.net and since they have a huge portion(if not all) of the series on there i decided to watch it from the beginning.

Hikaru no go

I've been trying to watch this one but i've had a hard time finding it dubbed.

Bleach

I've already watched up to like episode 160 and i'm watchig it again while i wait for more to be dubbed

Blast of syndrome

I just watched the first episode yesterday it was one of the few anime series on netflix that i can watch online.

well thats what i've been watching lately ^_^
April R.
user 12451577
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 1
Honey and Clover
I've read most of the manga and am enjoying it on demand (Comcast) (Eps 14?) I like the idealism and silly romance stuff (if you can call it romance)

Case Closed
I watched this subbed as a teenager up to around eps 50, ditto with the on demand. (Eps 70+)

Ah/Oh My Goddess
Been watching it dubbed and I'm somewhere in Season 2. It's a good all-ages crowd pleaser and has started some inside jokes with friends

Jubei-chan and the Secret of the Lovely Eyepatch
I'm rewatching season 1, ditto with the crowd pleasing and jokes. Not as much all ages, but if you like silly or outrageous plot twists, this is a top pick.
A former member
Post #: 48
Of the one's you guys have listed, I've so far seen only Ah! My Goddess, and the first two episodes of Eden of the East. That second season of Ah! is so worth watching to the end. That last episode is an abolute riot!

I recently watched through the second season of Zero No Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero) again. Currently, I'm watching through Negima! And, oh yeah, my Netflix stuff: still working on Death Note and Cromartie High. Once I finish with one of those, Neo Genesis Evangelion is next in the queue.
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 23
Update: Finished Welcome to the N.H.K. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Planning on watching some of the mentions on the JHAC (Johns Hopkins Anime Club) blog linked here.

12/12/10 More than halfway through Darker Than Black.
1/5/11 Finished Darker than Black, the OVA, Darker Than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden, and watching Darker Than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini. Guess you could say that I'm enjoying this series biggrin
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 26
Recently wrapped up the neglected Ryuusei no Gemini -- less pleased with the ending of this than the previous, but overall enjoyed the series.

Finished Bakemonogatari -- loved it. (Thanks, Alex for bringing this one to my attention!) The animation, the characters, the story -- all very well done IMHO.

I've neglected a few other titles which are now lost in the recesses of my psyche (or something), so that's all I got. I'm watching Shipuuden fillers like a 3 yr old choking down burnt brussel sprouts, but other than that nothing interesting. Uhm... of the neglected titles I remember: Nabari, Black Heaven (meh), Eden of the East (don't want it to end since I'm at the last ep), Shikabane Hime, and Mnemosyne stick out. There were more but I can't remember them all.
Marcella K.
user 13814648
Columbia, MD
Post #: 1
Right now, I'm watching Gundam Seed. Everyone knows that show pretty much. Two childhood friends are pitted against each other because they're both forced on different sides. Yadda-yadda.

I tried to watch Samurai 7, the anime, but I got a bit annoyed at how they had mecha in it. It should have been like Rurouni Kenshin or something, but no, they had to include that aspect.

Before that, I attempted to try out Toradora, but I can't get pass it for some reason. Any other romance animes, I'm fine with, but I just can't get pass this one.

I finished Gundam Wing at least.
A former member
Post #: 5
right now im runnin through 'Shaman King' a normal shoenen anime kinda reminds me of yu yu hakusho with the whole tournament for whose gonna be the king and control the future of the planet.

just watched the bragon ball gt: a hero's legacy. had to get my goku fix

and ofc i keep up with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, fairytail weekly

thinking about trying Kekkaishi but not sure yet
Rudie
Rudaku
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 28
How many times per episode is Dr. Tenma going to cry in Monster? Lol. Enjoying this one so far.
A former member
Post #: 55
Figured I'd write an update. I've reached what I'm going to call the "second section" of Death Note (those of you who've seen it should know what I'm referring to; a significant change in characters). As I mentioned in another thread, my other "Netflix" anime is Chobits. Death Note, of course, is exceptional. Chobits seems quite good as well, and I'm very curious where they're going with the story.

There are a variety of shows on the computer hooked up to the television, and if I ever get back to watching anime other than what I'm getting through netflix (lately my roomate and I are working our way through Big Bang Theory instead), it'll be one of them.