What we're about
Our group gathers every week to either share stories for feedback or do workshops. We eat, we drink, we write together and we inspire. If you're facing writer's block, this event is for you. If you're looking for new ideas or to meet other interesting people, this is also the place for you. If you're a supporter of that bloke off The Apprentice U.S... you're an idiot... but you're still a welcome idiot. But let's be civil and play nice.
Each week is a different format, so please check the event description before you join.
- Writers clinics
- Writing prompts/sprints
Please note - this group is popular. After signing up to an event, if you have a change of plans and can't make it, please change your status to 'not going' to make room for someone else.
- Writers clinics - a chance for you to share a challenge you're having with your writing or story and for us to brainstorm solutions together.
- Workshops - Examples of past workshops include character development, world building and marketing for self publishers.
- Writing prompts or sprints involve, for example, taking a prompt (like a quote or a newspaper headline) and writing a back story for 45 mins before sharing with the group.
Tips before you join
- The group is open to writers of all backgrounds, genres and experience. Most of us are native or advanced English speakers, which is our working language.
- Please respect all different opinions. We're complex creatures. We have strong characters in the group and others who are a little more shy about sharing their opinions or work. But we all try to listen and learn from one another.
- Don't judge a story negatively. Many stories are still in development stage. We try to encourage and inspire.
Please note: We aren't university professors or paid to do this. Most of us are amateur enthusiasts with varying levels of experience. Most of us are native or advanced-level English speakers. So the conversation is to this standard. Please take a look at the upcoming events to see if any of themes interest you.