addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Beagle Pack! Message Board The Beagle Pack! Discussion Forum › Public transit and dogs

Public transit and dogs

AFuzzyLop
AFuzzyLop
New York, NY
Post #: 68
Hi all
Do any of you take your dogs on public transi? I would like to go to the parks that's are nicer elsewhere in the city.

Thanks
Joan A.
joansdogs
New York, NY
Post #: 49
I have taken my beagle on buses when they are not crowded and I have seen people take dogs on the subway but they actually are not really allowed unless in a carrier. however, I have seen both large
and small dogs walked on the subway. I just think my beagle would hate the noise and I have not had
any issues taking him on a bus
Carol V.
user 13783824
Tarrytown, NY
Post #: 1
I've taken my two beagles on the subway, LIRR and PATH. We got a big bike stroller type thing and as long as it's closed, it's legal. It's a lot easier if there's an elevator in the station. Generally the cops are fine if you explain what you're doing if you have to take them out to get past a turnstyle or something.
A former member
Post #: 27
Greta travels a lot with me by train. You are supposed to have them in a carrier of some sort but I never do. I know a bunch of people that bring theirs dogs on the subway and bus in bags and once they are abort they let the dog's head out of the bag to look around. I think it helps :)

Also MTA and LIRR require the bag/carrier/stroller etc but Metro North doesn't require anything. Doggie can actually sit on the seat next to you :)