Beta launch of Bitsquare (https://bitsquare.io/) - The decentralized Bitcoin exchange
DAOs in the context of Bitsquare and Fab Lab
Wednesday, April 27 at 19:30.
Location: Fab Lab Barcelona (http://iaac.net/winter-lecture-series-2016-andreas-antonopoulos) – c/Pujades, 102
Language (talk and Q&A): English
As always, entrance is free provided you have RSVPed.
We are happy to invite you to our next meetup to celebrate the official launch of Bitsquare!
Manfred Karrer, founder and developer of Bitsquare (https://bitsquare.io) will explain why a decentralized Bitcoin exchange is needed and how to build it.
• Focus on the political and conceptual aspects of a decentralized exchange
• Short demo of the software.
• Explore further possible utilizations of the blockchain technology like DAOs (Decentralized autonomous organizations).
• Why is decentralization needed for a privacy protecting Bitcoin-Fiat exchange which does not require registration (no KYC/AML)
• How to build a decentralized exchange (and how to make it secure)
• Which features of Bitcoin make it possible (MultiSig, atomic transaction solves "who pays first" problem,...)
• How Bitsquare protects privacy (P2P network over Tor hidden services)
• Why Bitsquare is on the path to a DAO model with decentralized ownership, and not built as a startup
Be one of the first to beta-test this new disruptive application, which has been called “Bitcoin’s missing link” (https://news.bitcoin.com/bitsquare-missing-link-decentralized-bitcoin-exchange/).