What we're about
All events organised by The Kickback https://www.wearethekickback.com/ - For more events and information; click here
WELCOME AND THANKS FOR VIEWING THIS GROUP!
Aim: The aim of this group is to truly offer an environment where people can build and develop quality friendships as well as those interested in relationship or social events.
KEY PROBLEMS WITH OTHER MEETUP GROUPS?:
- RANDOM PEOPLE – When you go to some of these Meetups, you meet some of the most random people with completely random qualities, attributes and interests. There is no filtering of the people that join.
- REGULARITY – quality friendships require regularity of interaction. The major problem is that there are few Meetups with a regular crowd.
- RSVP’ing – People seem to hate RSVP’ing to alot of Meetups. I feel that alot of people are not keen on the idea of meeting complete strangers and doing activities (like clubbing, going restaurants, going pub) that only close friends would normally do.
- To create an environment where people have certain traits, qualities and attributes in common
- To create an environment where the Meetup – in this case “social hobbies” – automatically allows for participants to have a common interest
- The type of Social Hobby will be something regular (minimum once per week) which will allow for regular interactions that lead to QUALITY friendships.
EXAMPLES OF SOCIAL HOBBIES:
- Speed Dating - Social event aimed at singles who are looking for someone
- Lock and Key Parties - A less stigmatising way of meeting other singles and relaxing without the stigmatised pressure of speed dating
- GoMammoth – Social sports leagues aimed at people that want to make friends. They do things like football, basketball, softball, rugby etc.
- City Academy – They offer performing arts courses like Acting, Singing, Dancing, improv etc. A great way of having fun and bonding with other people. Another good thing is the Drama Workshop every Wednesday.
- Toastmaster –
- Dance Classes
- Health Suite (Sauna)
- Exercise Class
PLEASE NOTE: *FOR HOBBIES THAT ARE SUGGESTED BUT ARE NOT SPECIFICALLY “SOCIAL”, SIMPLY ADD SOMETHING SOCIAL TO IT. FOR EXAMPLE: YOU COULD SUGGEST A MEETUP FOR PAINTING, BUT SPECIFY THAT YOU WANT TO GO TO THE PUB OR COFFEE SHOP AFTER*
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS:
§ Socially confident
§ Ambitious (career-wise)
§ Young (age: 23-30)
§ Image conscious: someone that puts effort into dressing or looking DECENT (no, i am not looking for model types. Though I am not looking for scruffy people either)
§ NOT: rude, obnoxious or arrogant
MOST IMPORTANTLY: must understand the importance of developing QUALITY friendships with other people. This will take time and effort.
THE POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS:
Anyone can suggest a meetup in this group.
If it doesn’t meet the requirements above in this description, the meetup will be deleted, and the member will be informed of why I took that decision.
NOTE: PHOTO REQUIRED AND YOU MUST PROVIDE DETAILED ANSWERS OTHERWISE APPLICATION MIGHT BE REFUSED.