addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

BmoreJS – The Baltimore JavaScript Users Group Message Board › JavaScript Developer in the Bowie, MD area.

JavaScript Developer in the Bowie, MD area.

Jeff J.
user 13189739
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 1
I have an immediate need (could start next week) for a Javascript Developer in Bowie, MD. I'm hoping someone on the site might know of someone that's looking for an opportunity. In addition to the description below, There are a few items of importance to include:

1. Must be a US Citizen
2. Must be clearable to a Secret Clearance (Intervise will process the Interim)
3. This position is initially covering a Leave of Absence for a current employee (Through the end of January) HOWEVER: There is a very strong likelihood that we can either extend the project or move them into a second position when the individual returns from leave. There are additional approved/projected positions on the program that could be released if the person is doing a good job. I'm looking for someone that's currently out of work. I wouldn't want to pull someone off a job because I can't guarantee the longevity, but again the potential is certainly there.
4. Position is in Bowie, MD

JAVASCRIPT DEVELOPER
Bowie, MD
Must be a US Citizen

Competencies:

JavaScript (A must have - the vast majority of the work 80% is JavaScript)
UI Coding
XML and JSON - nice to have
C# - nice to have
ASP.NET - nice to have
ExtJS is a plus

Description of Work:

Design, code and test user interface solutions for browser-based applications (part of the UI team as a coder not designer).
Working closely with designers, create rapid prototypes for feature demonstration and design refinement
Analyze design specifications to determine production of JavaScript functionality and server interaction.
Ensure efficiency of server communications and apply best practices to optimize performance of the user interface.
Apply and enforce coding standards.
Interact with designers, production artists and developers to ensure smooth transition from concept to code.
Implement effective solutions to code deficiencies.

Abilities:

Understanding of user interface design process.
Familiarity with various web technology strengths and weaknesses.
Ability to produce maintainable code.
Familiarity with test-driven methodologies.
Understanding of web services and database interactions.

CONTACT INFO: The site here just warned me about including contact information, so I guess it's best to find me through our website or replying to the post and we'll figure out the logistics moving forward.

Visit our website at: www.intervise.com