addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › January 18th Games

January 18th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,951
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Eaten by Zombies! - Doug - Filled - (Doug, Mark, Shelia, Jenna)
Urban Sprawl - Ryan - Filled - (Ryan, Paul, Joe)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,952
I'd like to run Eaten by Zombies!. Its YADBG (Yet Another Deck Building Game), where 4 players try to be the last person eaten by the zombie horde. Yes, that's right, you aren't gonna live, you just want to be the last eaten. While there is a win condition whereby all surviving players win the game by destroying the zombie horde, its not gonna happen. Don't even think about it. You ARE gonna be eaten by the zombies, you just wanna see your neighbors eaten first. There is no player elimination tho. Once you are eaten by zombies, you become a zombie and you try and eat the other players. There is even a win condition for the zombies, so just because you have been eaten, it doesn't mean you've lost the game! Gameplay seems like its pretty straightforward. Every turn you must leave your safehouse in search of "swag" that will help you survive. Unfortunately, to do so you must either fight or flee from the zombie horde. Successfully doing either will net you "swag" (additional cards and equipment to add to your deck). Failure means discarding cards from your deck. When you run out of cards in your deck you have been eaten by the zombie horde and become a zombie yourself! I have not played it yet, but my understanding is the 1st couple of turns are spent building up your deck, after that its just a matter of trying to survive the growing zombie horde.

With rules explanation, I expect the game will take around an hour. Apparently this speeds up quite a bit as the players become familiar with the game, however.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 763
I would like to run

Urban Sprawl
2-3 Players
3 hours (is at least what it says on the box)

Newest game by Chad Jensen designer of Dominant Species, supposed to have a similar feel but people have complained of even more chaos... oh well lets give it a try see how it plays.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 636
http://www.youtube.co...­

@6:53. Vasel spends 30 seconds talking about what he likes, and 5 minutes on what he doesn't like. Not a good sign. smile

I still want to try it, though.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 764
http://www.youtube.co...­

@6:53. Vasel spends 30 seconds talking about what he likes, and 5 minutes on what he doesn't like. Not a good sign. smile

I still want to try it, though.

bah, Duel of Ages is one of Tom's favorite games you cant take too much stock in Tom tongue

Based on others recommendation on the amount of downtime with 4 especially on 1st play Im going to limit to 3 unless we end up in a situation with an odd man out or 3 other people dying to play it.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 304
I've been wanting to get Urban Sprawl to the table as well.

I'll try to sign up for Ryan's game, but if we end up with 6 people that want to try it, I'll run it as well.

Andy
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 765
Ugg was that rulebook bad.

Is there any reason why rulebooks...

-cant explain basically how you win and play the game on the first page of the rulebook
- ask you to look at the rule 5 pages ahead for a critical rule... (no here's an idea put it on the page here on the thing it refers to!)
- don't give critical information of whats on the components and how they work so that you actually have to read through all of the cards to actually understand how the &*$@ the game actually works?

(rant over)
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 72
I think thematically a game about city planning and development should require you to fill out a series of request forms to obtain the rules.
Paul
paulguy
Rochester, NY
Post #: 46
Urban Sprawl please
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,723
I'll take Urban Sprawl please. (If there is a lot of demand for it, I could get talked into another game of Ora and Labora as well.)