Please join us Tue Nov 20 from 6:00-8:30 at Turbonomic (500 Boylston Street in the Back Bay) for a Boston Azure event featuring a talk on advanced serverless computing with Azure Functions - and an opening talk is being arranged and will be announced in advance.
Note this event is NOT at NERD, but rather is being hosted at Turbonomic in the Back Bay. Turbonomic are not just hosting, but are also generously providing food and beverages.
- Did you say this event is not at NERD? That's right. This does NOT means we are abandoning NERD, but we are trying out other locations too. Still working to get more NERD dates.
- Turbonomic is at 500 Boylston Street · Boston · 7th Floor
Getting to Turbonomic:
- MBTA options: the Back Bay MBTA station (commuter & orange line) and Copley & Arlington MBTA stations (green line) are all nearby
- Driving: if you need parking, there are multiple options in the area, but folks in the know recommend the garage at 100 Clarendon Street (next to Back Bay MBTA station) – since it should have cheaper after-hours pricing
Government-issued ID needed:
- Please check in at the security desk with photo id. Staff will direct you to the 7th floor.
6:00-6:30: Gather, eat, drink, and be social
6:30-7:00: Opening talk (TBD)
7:00-8:15: Featured talk - Developing Complex Azure Functions* by @terribledev
8:15-8:30: Announcements then done!
FEATURED TALK: Developing Complex Azure Functions
Azure Functions is Azure’s main serverless offering. We’ll be diving into how functions can save you thousands of dollars in cloud spend, how to develop very large functions-based applications, and how to operate them at scale.
FEATURED SPEAKER: Tommy Parnell
Tommy “TerribleDev” Parnell is a Senior Software Engineer at Cargurus. He spends most of his time working on all things web performance. Prior to working at Cargurus, Tommy worked at Vistaprint for 7 years re-architecting legacy applications to modern cloud native services. On his free time he plays guitar, and works on various open source projects.