32 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA
[04-Feb-2017 UPDATE] - location: MIT Stata Center (officially known as "Ray and Maria Stata Center" at MIT, Building 32, Room 141
The #GlobalAzure event is a free all-day hands-on event where you can come and learn about Azure from local Microsoft Azure enthusiasts and experts, but part of a coordinated effort across more than 100 event sites AROUND THE WORLD on a single day. It consists of a day of sessions and hands on labs.
This is a BRING YOUR LAPTOP hands-on experience (preparation instruction are listed below).
This is one of two (maybe 3) locations locally <tbd> - another is Burlington (will post link)
Saturday April 22, 2016. Doors open at 8:30 or 9:00 AM <tbd>. Event begins at 9:00 or 9:30 <tbd>.
We plan to offer food/hot drinks for breakfast and food/drinks for lunch. We will wrap up before dinner.
MIT Stata Center in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA
Ray and Maria Stata Center
MIT, Building 32, Room 141
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
PUBLIC TRANSPORATION <tbd>
Big thanks to MIT Women-IT ERG group, BlueMetal, Microsoft, and <more to come>! This event would not be possible without their help.
PREPARATION <DRAFT - TO BE FINALIZED>
Please save time and do these things before Saturday!
1. Microsoft Azure Account. You will need a functioning Azure account. If you have an MSDN subscription (Pro or higher), you may already have an account; otherwise, obtain a free 30-day trial (with $200 of Azure services).
3. Install the Windows Azure SDK for Visual Studio 2015 development (VS 2015 under .NET).
If you installed VS update 2, you may already have 2.9 installed.
LEARNING TOPICS (in flux until delivered!)
• 09:00 AM - doors open - sign in at desk, grab breakfast and coffee, set up laptop, ...
• 9:30 AM - Breakfast provided
• 09:30 AM - BEGIN!
• 09:35 AM - Fast Start with first deployment lab - basics
• 10:55 AM - Topic
• 12:30 PM - Lunch provided
• 1:00 PM - Topic
• 2:15 PM - Topic
• 3:30 PM - Topic
• 4:00 PM - Topic
• 5:00 PM - Topic
• 5:45 - LAST SESSION ENDS
• 6:00 PM - DONE!
I don't get out in my Kayak enough
SQL Server Developer
New in this development field. Looking forward to learning!
Experienced Entrepreneur and Product Leader
SMB tech advocate ecommercing through MS ecosystem.
Director of Information Management and Product Development at Quantech Services.
Financial services consultant - hoping to learn about Azure as a start-up platfrom