Featured talk: Securing your Web Application in Azure with Web Application Firewall (by Jason Haley), with an opening talk TBD.
See you there!
• NERD @ One Memorial Drive, 1st floor
• Be sure to bring government-issued photo ID for admittance to the building
• 6:00 - 6:30 -- gather, grab some food, a cold drink, and do some socializing
• 6:30 - 7:00 -- opening talk: TBD
• 7:00 - 8:15 -- featured talk: Securing your Web Application in Azure with Web Application Firewall (description below)
• 8:15 - 8:30 -- Q&A, wrap-up, then head home, or perhaps out for another beverage
Join Jason Haley (@haleyjason (https://twitter.com/haleyjason)), Microsoft Azure MVP and independent consultant, to learn how to leverage Microsoft Azure's WAF capabilities.
Securing your Web Application in Azure with a Web Application Firewall
Do you have a Web Application hosting in Azure using either IaaS or PaaS?
In this talk, we’ll start with a look at what a web application firewall (WAF) is and why you would want to use one. Then once you understand what a WAF can do for you, we’ll then look at some options you have in Azure for adding a WAF in front of your application.
For demos, we’ll take a look at adding a WAF in front of an App Service Web App and then a Web Application hosted on a VM in Azure. If we have time we can see how the site handles some malicious requests with and without a WAF.