This is for the second day (DAY 2 of 2).
There are a few things to download so that you will be prepared for the labs. HERE ARE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE LABS (in terms of what to INSTALL IN ADVANCE): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jimoneil/archive/2012/06/21/windows-azure-boot-camp-6-22-and-6-23.aspx
This two-day event is hands-on (which means bring your Azure-ready laptop) -- with the goal of learning a whole lot about the Windows Azure Platform. It will be held at the Microsoft NERD Center at 1 Memorial Drive in Cambridge, MA 02142.
Read a short write-up of our most recent Boston Azure Bootcamp here.
DAY 2 - SATURDAY (APPROXIMATELY... don't hold us to it)
9:00-9:30 - Breakfast (coffee/breakfast provided) & registration
9:30-11:00 - Node.js combined with ASP.NET + lab
11:00-noon - Messaging with Service Bus, including from Node
noon-1:00 - Lunch (provided) / socialize
1:00-3:15 - Mobile Notification Services + Lab
(secure applications in a world of insecure devices: ACS, SAS)
3:15-3:30 - Cookie Break
3:30-5:30 - Windows Azure Web Sites (new feature!) + Lab
------------> steps to prepare for this lab:
5:30-6:00 - Recap, what's next, and give-aways
- Most important: There are a few things to download so that you will be prepared for the labs. HERE ARE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE LABS (in terms of what to INSTALL IN ADVANCE): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jimoneil/archive/2012/06/21/windows-azure-boot-camp-6-22-and-6-23.aspx
- Be sure to create a TRIAL ACCOUNT if you don't have an account already (details in linked post above) - we will be deploying to Azure
- There will be no cost (you can thank Jim O'Neil for securing sponsorship from Microsoft for that).
- Food will be served (coffee + bagels/similar for breakfast, probably pizza for lunch, afternoon sustaining snack)
- There is parking INSIDE the NERD building (costs money), there are also local parking lots
We have a fantastic group running this event:
- The usual suspects: Bill, George, Nazik (we are the guys who run Boston Azure)
- Jim O'Neil (Developer Evangelist from Microsoft, a long-time friend of Boston Azure, and he'll be bridging the Node.js/ServiceBus/ASP.NET divide)
- John Zablocki (he runs Beantown ALT.NET, is a Couchbase Developer Advocate, and will talking Node.js to us)
- John Garland (he is a Wintellect consultant, and expert with both Windows Phone + Windows Azure, and will be running the "using Windows Azure to securely support your mobile development" section, along with lab work)
- Michael Collier (he is a National Architect with Neudesic, and he's in from Ohio (!) for this event... he'll be laying the groundwork, plus sharing some of what's new & shiny from recent Windows Azure announcements)
Michael Collier is also our guest speaks next week at the regularly sceheduled Boston Azure meeting on Thursday where we will dig deeper into some of the newly announced features.
See you on Fri (and possibly Saturday).
On behalf of the whole team,
Bill Wilder, Boston Azure founder
The Boston Azure Bootcamp Team