addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Chapter 10: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Chapter 10: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Brian M.
bmarple
Lunenburg, MA
Post #: 37
This chapter was way cool. I don't know my SOAP from my WSDL but I look forward to future RESTfull programming.

Here it is: http://freestone.x10....­
Jeff S.
user 58940692
Boston, MA
Post #: 27
Chapter 10 is here

I LOVE this chapter 10!

Over 9 months ago, I implemented and use regular the Zend Gdata Class to interface into Google Docs API with Yii PHP Framework.

Our guy inputs current costs on products in Google Docs. Similiar to what Larry does here, we pull that into our Yii program. Then I have Yii do calculations and push new prices over to eBay via their API with XML- way cool stuff! cool
A former member
Post #: 13
Hi Tim,

Here are my exercises from Chapter 10. I've used almost all of these functions in previous customer projects so it was real easy. It was also nice to see how someone else did the same thing and there was very little that I did differently in the past.

http://webrigger.com/php_oop/chapter10.php­

Cheers,

Dennis
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 547
Brian, Dennis and Jeff, all having a late week rush. Jeff for a late starter, you are moving at a record rate of speed!
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 48
Howdy percolators...

Made it through Chapter 10 - catching up, but only a couple days to get through Ch.11?

Follow the link and click on Chapter 10 - hope it all works for you!

Ken

smile
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 557
Well Ken, I've already reviewed chapter 11, so I know you got there.
Charles J.
user 13025367
Boston, MA
Post #: 13
Another great eye-opening chapter. This is the kind of stuff you sometimes ponder "I wonder how that works?", but no more! I took some extra time to start building a class around the url features - which I want to grow to include performance measurements.

Here's my chapter 10: http://perc5.onlinerecital.com/ch10/index.php­
Alexander Z.
user 22329501
Boston, MA
Post #: 40
Hello:

Here is my work for the Chapter 10

Here is my story:
1) Everything works on XAMPP, where you have to uncomment curl_php reference in php.ini

2) cURL client combined with web service that looks for a Stock Quote does not work on the free hosting. And I have no control over it.

3) The 2) is partially true for our new server at work, though I believe there is some time-out (even if setting CURLOPT_TIMEOUT to 50 did not help) or other tweaking issues, since I am not getting errors. So, I posted a simplified cURL - RESTFul WS example (circle radius computation) on my office server. Though, I'll provide the link only to Tom to that server. Via email

Very useful chapter - the Webservices and clients templates are easy convertible to POST calls and work like a charm (when you are not using third-party resources). That's what will be used for my actual projects.

Thank you,

Alex

Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 567
Charles and Alex, good work. Alex there will always be a few bumps in the road.
Alexander Z.
user 22329501
Boston, MA
Post #: 41
Hi Tom:

The less number of bumps, as of my current opinion, would be for Windows/XAMPP bundle OR for Linux Ubuntu.

The former has most PHP modules preinstalled. Those can be activated by uncommenting corresponded module name in php.ini.

The latter has a relatively worry free apt-get utility.
So the installs would look like
sudo apt-get install php5-curl
sudo apt-get install php5-mcrypt

That's all. Well.... in my bumpy case may be libcurl3-dev has to be added

Alex