The Boston & Cambridge Salsa Meetup Group Message Board › Boston Cuba Jam Weekend Update
|A former member||
Posted on behalf of Anara, director of MetaMovements dance company:
The Boston Cuba Jam is here, so get ready for an amazing weekend!!
Here's a few updates & reminders to make your weekend even more enjoyable :)
If you haven't checked out the site yet, visit www.metamovements.com/bostoncuba
1) The party's at Enigma tonight with Yesenia Selier teaching and performing, DJ Saoko spinning the best salsa, and SalsaMatei, MetaMovements and dancers from all over having a great time.
2) There's a parking lot for Saturday daytime events and it's FREE! It's called the Brown Lot and it will say that its reserved for Cambridge Athletic Club, which is where we'll be! It's located on the corner of Binney & 2nd Streets. You can see from this map of the CAC location, that it's super close! http://maps.google.com/maps?q=215+first+st,+cambridge+ma&hl=en
3) The first event on Saturday is FREE! It's a multi-media presentation about Dance & Music in Cuba, taking place from about 11am-1pm. We'll be having a potluck lunch as well, so bring a food item to share, and we'll have a wonderful time together.
4) Workshops on Saturday run from 1:30-5:00, with Yesenia Selier, MetaMovements & Masacote....and then we'll be heading over to Ryles for Cubano's night at 8:30 pm with Ritmo Masacote playing LIVE. And you can still buy workshop & Cubano's passes online at http://metamovements.com/bostoncuba/workshops.php#schedule
5) Sunday is at the Dance Republic in Allston, with Salsa Y Control & MetaMovements teaming up to bring you...Footwork, Percussion for Salseros, and a FREE Seminar about the history of salsa and the connection between the music & the dance. And of course the SYC Jam Session Social--one year anniversary!
6) Last but not least, Salsa Sundays at Ryles, to finish the weekend out in style!
We'll look forward to partying with you all weekend long, and honoring the Cuban roots of the dance we love!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call my cell phone.
Anara Piers Frank
MetaMovements Salsa Dance Company
(617) 905-3276 --cell
(617) 983-1418 --office