More Biking, Less Hiking! (eMTB ride)
We’ll be riding ⚡e-MTBs⚡ at Maryland Mountain Quartz Valley Park, an intermediate/advanced riding area in Black Hawk. The climbs are moderate and technical sections are rocky but not crazy. More info is available at:
Technical Difficulty: 6/10 (if you don't ride Hard Money, which is optional. 8/10 if you do.)
ABOUT THIS RIDE
More Biking, Less Hiking! is for experienced riders who are on e-MTBs because they want to cover more distance and spend less time climbing and more time descending. If you are a novice rider or are not riding an e-MTB, check out our other group rides. If you are e-MTB curious, our Business Partner Specialized rents e-MTBs. Note: They close early on Wednesday, pick up your rental by 2 p.m.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE RIDE
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. By signing up for this ride, you agree to our Waiver https://www.bouldermountainbike.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Waiver.pdf
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- This is a no-drop ride.
- Riders should also carry basic tools: a spare tube in your correct tire size, a pump, tire lever, a chain tool and basic Allen wrenches. Snacks are recommended.
- Rides launch on time. Please arrive at 5:45, rides will roll at 6.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check this page a few hours before the ride for updated info. If you signed up for the ride you should also receive an email in the event of a cancellation. If necessary, we will cancel the ride by 4 p.m.
- For permitting and planning purposes, you must sign up on Meetup if you plan to join us.
The Boulder Mountainbike Alliance is a volunteer-run, membership-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. BMA's mission is to serve as a positive voice for mountain biking in the greater Boulder Colorado area by improving the trail experience for all users through skill clinics, social rides, events, advocacy, and trail building. Learn more about BMA here https://bouldermountainbike.org.
Send us an email if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org