addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Boulder Polyamory Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Polyamory Meetup Group Discussion Forum › One person's types of love part 2

One person's types of love part 2

Mike S.
MSbluesconnector
Denver, CO
Post #: 36
Child-like love, the feeling that I felt, and still feel, for the people who where the grown-ups when I was little, the people I depended on to be there when I needed protecting. For me the three people that I think of where my feelings of love were always purely child-like were my grandmother and two aunts. When I think of how I feel/felt about them, I feel safe, accepted and warm. It's like the love is a soft warm blanket that wraps you up and perfect cup of the best hot chocolate in the world all wrapped into one. In that place of warmth I know that I am, have always been and will always be exactly as I was meant to be and I am capable of accomplishing anything in the world.

Platonic love is what I feel for friends, siblings, cousins and the like. It is a love of equals. It is light and playful and airy and filled with wonder. It is curious and fun and exciting. It is energetic and cooperative. When I feel this way, I know that with this person at my side, no matter what life throws our way, everything will turn out all right in the end.

Young love is that wonderful 'I can do anything', maybe even fly, if this person loves me too feeling. It is what I felt in second grade when I would sneak glances at the little girl next to me and wonder if that is what angels looked like. It is what I felt the first time I kissed a boy. It is the wonder and innocence of realizing that by giving your love away you feel it even more. It feels like my soul has grown wings and flown right out of my belly and off into the clouds.
Parental love is what I feel for my children and my nephews. It is the love for someone for whom I feel a need or responsibility to take care of. It is protective and nurturing. It is the feeling of knowing that in this person there is endless potential for good and wanting to do all I can to help them find the best of who they are. It is the hope for the future. It is also the feeling that through this person I have the chance to become immortal. It is the feeling of amazement that my love for them can change the world.

Mature love is what I feel for a spouse or significant other after the 'honeymoon' wears off. It is calm and settled, comfortable and secure. It is the feeling of relief in getting home after a rough day and putting on your favorite comfort clothes. It enables me to know that when all the world goes mad, there will always be an island of sanity. It is knowing that even when we are yelling, the love is still there. It feels like the trust and security of knowing that when I step out of bed and put my feet on the floor, the floor will not move.

Finally, I come to soul-mates. For someone who has found a soul-mate, it needs no explaination. For someone who has not found a soul-mate, I do not know if words can ever fully explain it. It is the a love that is perfect. It is like spending your entire life looking for something that cannot be named and then suddenly finding it. It is a feeling of perfect completeness, of knowing pure happiness. It is the competion of the soul. It is a feeling that perfection does exist in the form of this person. It is unchanging and eternal. It is the strength that comes from finding yourself by finding them. It is knowing that nothing, not even death, can seperate the two of you forever because the rest of your soul, which is their soul, will find you again in whatever comes after this.

Blessings all,
Gwen
__._,_.___
Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic