addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boulder Spanish Meetup! Message Board › Spanish Language Resources --- Recommendable Movies

Spanish Language Resources --- Recommendable Movies

Dru W.
user 2391280
Louisville, CO
Post #: 191
I stumbled across a good little flick I thought I'd recommend. I have a thing for Argentine movies and fortunately they occasionally produce some really good ones.

El secreto de sus ojos / The secret in their eyes

This is a fine little movie in most ways. Of course, it's full Argentine Spanish which is always fun and not so thick in the case as to be difficult to understand. Most of the movie is a period piece set in the mid '70s mucho appeal for me being the time when I was down there. Most importantly it's a well made movie with a great story.

One downside to this otherwise fine flick -- it doesn't have Spanish subtitles so (I use English subtitles on English movies) so you may occasionally miss what is said if you want to know what the exact Spanish words were.

*** WARNING WARNING WARNING -- DANGER WILL SMITH ***
This flick comes from a culture that doesn't share our silly obsession about sex and there is a scene (only one) where some may need to avert their eyes to avoid permanent emotional scaring.

This movie can be found at the Louisville Public Library or requested through BPL.

Enjoy!

Dru
303 666 -- 7665