What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home
Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
Songs TBC /Please comment your song suggestions in the event. We'll leave the suggestions open until the end of May. Suggesting we tune guitar/bass half a step down to Eb for this one.
Hey there! We’re hosting a jam themed around the rockier edge of things. We're trying to structure the jams around a 'setlist', as it gives us a bit of a kickstart and gives vocalists in particular something to work with. We're aiming to be able to play the songs close to the originals, but there will be room to improvise and we'll definitely mess around on the day, trying different things out.
Pietro (drums) and Michael (guitar) will typically learn all of the songs in the setlist and act as a backline for everyone else. We will happily swap out with other people if they know the song well enough to lead it!
We do not expect everyone to learn every song, but it would be beneficial to learn as many as you can or at least know the song well enough that you can improvise something over the “backline”. Bass players, please feel free to learn all the songs, as we’ll need your thunder!
The last one of these went really well, so fingers crossed we can make it work again!
· If you’re not on the list as an attendee, please do not just show up. We’ve seen this happen before and it can be very awkward.
· Bring your own instrument. Please do not arrive and expect a stranger to hand over their precious baby!
· We’re taking a maximum of 5 guitarists per session, with no more than 3 expected to play at once.
· Where there are multiple people playing the same instrument, we expect no-one to have to sit out more than two songs in a row. We’ll typically do our best to rotate people so that everyone gets to have a crack at every song and gets chance to play with everyone else where possible.
· Guitarists will have amps provided. 2 from the studio and one brought by us. If you have a head, you may bring this to plug into the cabs at the session, but please do not bring an extra amp (unless otherwise asked), as we won’t allow you to use it.
· PA, mics, drum kit and bass amp are all part of the session.
For those of you who haven’t been to Pirate before, parking at the studio itself is tight (and is more of a load in/out area), but there is a free carpark around the corner. The studio requires door codes for both the front door and the room (it’s an unmanned studio). We haven’t decided how to distribute these as yet. Potentially we’ll look to meet everyone at the front, but we’ll keep you posted on that.