addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Brothas and Sistahs Night Out Message Board › Spring Is Almost Here - Let's Have Fun

Spring Is Almost Here - Let's Have Fun

Closed to new replies

Donald
DonaldAdams
Group Organizer
Vancouver, WA
Hello Brothas and Sistahs!

Spring Starts: Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Daylight Savings Time Starts: Sunday, March 10, 2019

Let's get out and have some fun.

We now have over 800 members and growing. I've been an absent Organizer but I've added three other Organizers and 2019 is the year we get out and fulfill the original purpose of the group.

Any member can add an event to the calendar. Yes, even you. Things that I will be encouraging the Group to do on a regular basis are:

(1) Find black-owned restaurants and go as a group to show our support. (Please send your suggestions)

(2) Let's get together and watch an inspiring movie (or series) and have a discussion afterward. Have you seen "Black Earth Rising"? Great movie to watch and will give you a reason to join (3) below.

(3) I know you've been thinking about moving to Africa too, so, let's plan it out and bring it to fruition. Ghana has changed its policies and is welcoming us back "home". But we don't want to go unprepared. What benefits can we take with us to Ghana? Can we pool our assets and purchase a large apartment complex to live in as an investment in Ghana? Let's talk --- soon. If you've traveled to any Country in Africa I would love to get your insight.

(4) There will be more "free" movies this spring and summer. Let's meet for dinner before the movie and/or hang out a bit after the movies with drinks and conversation.

(5) A "BIGGIE" for me --- Let's start taking care of our elderly family and friends. Let's mow their lawns, clean their gutters, give them a ride, call and check up on them. I can do electrical, plumbing and remodeling repairs? What skills do you have? Let's put them to good use for our elderly people. I meet an elderly lady who had to turn her lights on using a broomstick to keep from getting shocked. It was a $3 fix. I know $3 isn't much to some of us, but $3 is a lot to some of our people on low fixed income. Let's pitch in. If you know an elderly person that could use this service, please contact me.

As I stated earlier, anyone can add an event to the calender:

*Going to the movie? We like movies too. Post it and let us join you.

*Trying out a new restaurant? We like to eat too. Post it and we will come

*Do you take walks or jogs on a regular basis? Let's meet at the Water Front and walk together.

*Whatever it is, post it and let's get together and enjoy life.

I hope 2019 is going great for everyone. If you have any questions or have issues adding an event to the calendar, please feel free to contact me.

P.S. If you're a small business owner, send me an email or text and let's discuss how we as a community can support your business. (Sorry Ray-Ray, selling DVD's out the trunk of the car doesn't count, but I will take a copy of "Pumpkinhead")

P.S. #2: Sistahs, on behalf of all the Brothas, know that we see you and we respect you. If it's only with a smile and a head nod we acknowledge that, "You're more precious than rubies and nothing we can desire can compare to you."

Don

Cell: 971.350.9282 or Email: donaldadams@email.com