Yesterday · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Good news, everyone!
Ricardo Méndez, who presented last year, has graciously offered to hold a Clojure workshop on Saturday, December 3rd.
The workshop is free of charge and open to anyone who wants to come, but there are a few strict rules:
• The workshop takes place if at least 5 people will be present;
• Due to space limitations, we can only accept a total of 8 participants;
• RSVPs can only be changed until November 26th. If you say you'll come, please come.
The workshop will take between 6 to 8 hours and will be structured as follows:
• Introduction to functional programming and Clojure, as a brief talk;
• Introduction to Clojure, as a hands-on REPL-focused section;
• Actual coding, where we'll build a database-backed web app, in Clojure and ClojureScript.
You'll have to come with your own laptop and an already installed copy of Intellij IDEA (the community edition is free). The Cursive plugin for Clojure must also be installed.
Acceptance is done on first-come, first-served basis.
Eloquentix will provide snacks and drinks.
If you have further questions, please post them as comments to this announcement. See you then!