What we're about
PLEASE READ BEFORE JOINING OUR GROUP
The Calgary Business Professionals Group ("CBP") is the premier business-related Meetup in the Calgary area. We cater to Calgary entrepreneurs.
The CBP is all about forging strong relationships with no strings attached.
We are not trying to sell you anything!
Our strength is our membership (over 2000 members) and our events (we have hosted over 300).
The CBP Meetup Group is one of the largest and longest running Meetup groups in Calgary (in existence since 2002).
Our events are invitation-only, private functions and are open to CBP Meetup Group members and their guests only.
Our events are free to attend (our breakfast event does require you to spend $10 minimum to support our venue).
There are great food and drink specials at our "Beer and Wings" event, but you are on the hook for what you consume (our host venue runs individual tabs for all attendees). Please tip your server!
In the interests of "good networking", we require ALL new members to include:
(1) A recognizable photo (headshot or similar), NO ADVERTISING OR LOGOS!
(2) BOTH your first AND last name on both your Meetup AND Group profiles
Your application for membership will be rejected without this information
(3) We do not permit members of Multi-Level Marketing ("MLM") or other "Network Marketing" organizations to join this group.
(4) We allow members of other networking groups to join, but PLEASE, do not recruit our members or promote your events at our functions. Doing so will result in removal from CBP.
(5) Please use Meetup's messaging function to communicate to fellow members but selling or promoting your product or service in an unsolicited fashion is not permitted. Any violations of this policy will result in removal from the group.
We look forward to meeting you at one of our events.
Yours in business and entrepreneurship;
Lisa Marie Genovese, Organizer
Sean Phillips, Co-Organizer and Host of the monthly breakfast event
Brad Celmainis, Co-Organizer and Host of the monthly Beer and Wings event